Information from reliable sources is key to coping successfully with cancer. Below are links to a variety of helpful resources focusing on cancer research and treatment.
Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPNs)
- MPN Advocacy and Education International – An organization dedicated to providing the knowledge, support and resources patients need as they adjust to living with an MPN.
- MPN Forum Magazine – The largest independent international on-line monthly magazine focused on myeloproliferative neoplasm patients and caregivers.
- American Association for Cancer Research – Resource for peer-reviewed journals; patient information; and professional conferences, workshops, and grants.
- American Cancer Society – National network of information and support services for patients and family members.
- CancerCare – Oncology social workers provide free emotional and practical support for patients, caregivers, and loved ones.
- Cancer.net – Provides information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) to help cancer patients and their families make informed health decisions.
- Children’s Cancer Center – Nonprofit organization that offers educational, emotional, and financial assistance to families with children who have cancer or chronic blood disorders.
- Corporate Angel Network – Provides empty seats on corporate jets for cancer patients and bone marrow donors traveling to or from leading United States cancer centers for treatment.
- Union for International Cancer Control – Promotes cancer research ad public education on ways to help prevent the disease.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Nonprofit health organization providing education and support to patients.
- MPN Research Foundation – Nonprofit organization that brings together patients, researchers, and clinicians around the common goal of realizing new treatment options and ultimately, a cure for MPNs.
- National Cancer Institute – Part of the National Institutes of Health, NCI is the federal government’s principal agency for cancer research and training. Features research updates and advice on prevention and early detection. You’ll also find a list of NCI-designated Cancer Centers.
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) – advocates for quality treatment for everyone touched by cancer.
- Oncolink – Maintained by oncology health professionals, this site provides information about many types of cancers. A helpful resource for cancer patients, caregivers, and practitioners.
- Prevent Cancer Foundation – Nonprofit focused solely on cancer prevention and early detection.