10th International Patient Symposium on Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
CR&T is proud to host this education event for patients, their families and their friends.
During this full-day program, you’ll learn about the latest developments in the research and treatment of the myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs). This event features presentations by distinguished basic scientists and clinical research physicians from the world’s leading cancer centers. You’ll have the opportunity to engage with these experts during disease-specific Q&A sessions.
Belfer Research Building
Weill Cornell Medicine
413 East 69th Street
New York, NY 10021
When: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Where: Belfer Research Building – Weill Cornell Medicine, 413 East 69th Street, New York, NY 10021
8:00 AM – Registration/Continental Breakfast
8:45 AM – Welcome and Introduction
- Lewis C. Cantley, PhD, Director, Sandra and Edward Meyer Cancer Center at Weill Cornell Medicine/ Ronald P. Stanton Clinical Cancer Program at NewYork-Presbyterian/Professor of Cancer Biology in Medicine
- David T. Boule, Patient Committee Chair, CR&T
9:00 AM – Summary of MPN Research Presented at the 2018 American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and 2019 Update
- Andrew I. Schafer, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY
9:30 AM – Immunotherapy
- Hans Hasselbalch, MD, PhD, Roskilde Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
10:00 AM – Current Management of Polycythemia Vera
- Richard T. Silver, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY
10:30 AM – Break
11:00 AM – Current Management of Myelofibrosis
- Ronald Hoffman, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
11:30 AM – Essential Thrombocythemia: A Case Study
- Jerry L. Spivak, MD, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, MD
12:00 PM – Current State of Stem Cell Transplants in MPN Therapy
- Koen van Besien, MD, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY
12:30 PM – Lunch
1:45 PM – New MPN Treatments and Drugs
- Srdan Verstovsek, MD, PhD, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
2:15 PM – Diet, Exercise, and Mindfulness
- Robyn Scherber, MD, MPH, UT Health San Antonio Cancer Center, San Antonio, TX
2:45 PM – Moderated Q&A
- Richard T. Silver, MD, and Entire Panel
3:15 PM – Break
3:45 PM – Q&A Groups (moderated by Symposium presenters)
- Polycythemia Vera – Drs. Hasselbalch and Silver
- Essential Thrombocythemia – Drs. Schafer and Spivak
- Myelofibrosis – Drs. Hoffman, van Besien, and Verstovsek
- Wellness and Self-Strategies to Live Well with My MPN – Dr. Scherber
5:15 PM – Wine Reception & Tours of Belfer Research Laboratories
6:15 PM – Adjournment
Space is limited – Register Today!
If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Rosenstein at 212-288-6604 or email@example.com.
A continental breakfast and box lunch will be provided, as well as a post-Symposium wine reception and tours of the Belfer Research laboratories.
Hotel rooms are available at a special rate for Symposium attendees at the Marriott Courtyard New York/Upper East Side (reservation deadline: September 24). For more information and to reserve, please visit: Hotel Information
For a list of garages near Weill Cornell Medicine, please visit: Event Parking
Discount on Registration for the 12th International MPN Congress
Patient Symposium registrants who wish to attend the 12th International MPN Congress, a two-day professional education program that will be held from October 24-25, are eligible for a $100 discount off their registration. We will send a discount code to interested attendees after they sign up for the Symposium.